After around 14 hours of cutting, scoring, folding, and gluing, my model of a stellation of the small (or great) dodecahemicosahedron is finally finished! Since most of you reading this blog probably have no idea what that means, you can call it a Super-Hemi-Twister or something like that. It has (for all of you out there who like ot know these kinds of things) 32 faces, which, since they intersect a lot, are divided into 180 visible facelets (small sections of faces). Since some adjacent facelets are the same color, they were combined into the same actual piece that I cut cut of paper (aka, net). So... the actual number of parts I cut out was 120, making this my fourth model with exactly 120 parts! However, because of the intricacy of this model, it was by far the most difficult. Since you can't tell from the picture, I should mention that it has 7 colors: white for the icosahedral faces and red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, and green for the dodecahedral faces.
One of the neat things about this model are the 12 holes that go right to the center of the model. You can see one of them in this close-up.
Since this model was so intricate, getting the last part in was extremely difficult. Eventually I had to use a hot glue gun for the last few joints. But the nice thing about a polyhedron model is that you can always turn it the other way. So no one who reads this blog will ever know. Except that I just gave it away... ah, well.
Before I forget, photo credits for this post (and I guess all of them so far) are due to my brother Sam.
Speaking of photos, I just put an actual photo of my rhombic enneacontahedron up, so check that post to see it.